Redeemer Classical is currently hiring!
Purpose: The Head of School runs the school by inspiring and overseeing the academic community, developing and disseminating the vision of the school, maintaining the business of the school and overseeing the development of the school. The Head of School reports to the Board of Directors.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
A Christian leader. The Head of School should be a member in good standing at a local church whose theology and doctrine are in agreement with Redeemer's Statement of Faith.
A lifelong learner. The Head of School should model personal growth and pursue excellence. A Master’s degree in an appropriately related field is preferred.
A passionate Christian educator. The Head of School must affirm Redeemer’s founding principle that God has given parents the primary privilege and responsibility for providing an education for their children, and that one good means of accomplishing that task is through a school founded on the principles of classical education in the context of orthodox Christian faith. The Head of School should be actively engaged in academic discussions on 21st century Christian education, and a participant in the larger conversation about education in the community.
A personable, visionary leader who can clearly articulate our mission and formulate and exe- cute a strategic plan.
- With the assistance of the Board, develops, refines and disseminates the vision of the school for the benefit of the administration, faculty, parents, and students.
- Oversees the implementation of the long term strategic planning of the school by working with and advising the Board and continuing to keep the school’s mission and vision before the Board.
- Recruits teachers by fostering relationships with schools of higher education, by developing a plan to attract excellent teachers, and by executing that plan in conjunction with the Personnel Committee.
- Oversees the assignment, training, encouragement, discipline, and inspiration of the teaching staff by modeling a love of learning and pursuing academic excellence.
- Ensures that student needs are met by working with faculty to determine students’ needs and by making sure that policies are in place to meet those needs.
- Oversees student discipline by working with the Principal and faculty and by building relationships with students.
- Monitors cultural trends in the school – correcting negative trends and inspiring positive ones — by consistently being involved in the life of the school as an observer and participant.
- Oversees curriculum choices and development by working with the Curriculum Committee and the faculty of the school to anticipate needed curriculum and improve or replace deficient curriculum.
- By interacting with other educational leaders and academic communities, discovers best practices and implements them at Redeemer Classical School.
- Directs the daily operation of Redeemer by hiring, supervising and evaluating the staff (Principal(s), Office Assistant, and Development Director), by coordinating activities, by creating clear lines of authority, and by setting the tone for a high-quality program.
- Reviews and approves all extra-curricular activities.
- Builds relationships with other Classical Schools and churches in the area by interacting with, cooperating with, and supporting these institutions to benefit the school.
- Maintains accurate personnel records by overseeing procedures and practices.
- Creates, revises and monitors the standards and policies of Redeemer by consistently interacting with the staff, faculty, parents, and students of the school.
- Oversees the creation of the yearly budget by working with the Finance Committee and the bookkeeper to draft and revise the budget to be presented to the Board for approval.
- Oversees the financial accounting of the school by reviewing the reports of the bookkeeper.
- Oversees student recruitment by meeting with and attracting families to register their children at Redeemer.
- Oversees all facility issues and usage, as well as the safety and security of students including logistics of arrival and dismissal.
- Makes decisions for school closings related to weather and other non-scheduled events.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Fulfills other responsibilities as required by the Board of Directors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Headmaster directly supervises the Principal(s), the Office Assistant and the Development Director. The Headmaster preforms an annual evaluation for each of these positions.
Work Environment/Dynamics: The Headmaster is on call for the emergencies of the school generally. He will be involved in the most important and most stressful issues and circumstances at the school. He must work well with and communicate effectively with people in difficult circumstances and must work diligently day to day without much direct supervision.
Work Year: This position is a full-time position that works 12 months a year. The Headmaster works from his office during the academic year and will hold normal office hours during the summer.
Schedule for Evaluation: The Headmaster will be evaluated annually by the Board of Directors.
Please email your completed application package to the Redeemer Classical School Head of School Search Committee at: [email protected]
Please include the following: (1) Resume, (2) Cover letter, and (3) Philosophy of Education. Please also have letters of recommendation available upon request. Notification of receipt of completed applications will be sent via email
The unique skills and commitment of our teachers enable our students to become scholars who love the learning process. Redeemer Classical School is now accepting faculty applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Applicants should exemplify a saving and growing relationship with Christ, have teaching experience, and display a desire to shepherd the hearts of children. Please complete the employment application and send it to Teresa Patton at PO Box 737, Harrisonburg, VA 22803.
Current Openings for 2017-2018 School Year:
- Grammar School Classroom Teachers – Redeemer Classical School is seeking qualified experienced candidates to teach grammar school students. We are looking for a teacher with a love of learning and a desire and excitement in teaching young children. After reviewing our website, if you feel you would align with our mission and vision, please complete and return an application to Teresa Patton.
- Logic School Logic Teacher – Redeemer Classical School is seeking a part time qualified, experienced candidate to teach logic school students. We are looking for a teacher with a love of learning and a desire and excitement in teaching math and logic. These classes will incorporate material for both formal and informal logic. After reviewing our website, if you feel you would align with our mission and vision, please complete and return an application to Teresa Patton.
- Grammar School Music Teacher - Redeemer Classical School is seeking a part-time (2 days per week) qualified music teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. We are looking for a teacher with a love of music and a desire to develop a deeper appreciation for music and singing with grammar school students. After reviewing our website, if you feel you would align with our mission and vision, please complete and return an application to Teresa Patton.