Redeemer Classical is currently hiring!
Redeemer Classical School Headmaster
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- A Christian leader. The headmaster should be a member in good standing at a local church whose theology and doctrine are in agreement with Redeemer's Statement of Faith.
- A lifelong learner. The headmaster should model personal growth and pursue excellence. A Master’s degree in an appropriately related field is preferred.
- A passionate Christian educator. The headmaster must affirm Redeemer’s founding principle that God has given parents the primary privilege and responsibility for providing an education for their children, and that one good means of accomplishing that task is through a school founded on the principles of classical education in the context of orthodox Christian faith. The headmaster should be actively engaged in academic discussions on 21st century Christian education, and a participant in the larger conversation about education in the community.
- A personable, visionary leader who can clearly articulate our mission and formulate and execute a strategic plan.
- Act as the chief administrator and bear responsibility for all aspects of the school— including spiritual, financial, operational, and academic health.
- Actively participate in the life of the school and maintain a supportive Christian environment for all personnel, students, and constituents.
- With the School Board, develop an annual budget and be responsible for the administration of said budget in all aspects (fundraising, tuition assistance, ensuring financial stability, etc.).
- Act as the advisor and executive arm of the board, attend all board meetings, and facilitate the development of a strategic plan for RCS.
- Supervise and oversee staff, including faculty, Director of Development, office staff, maintenance, and extended care program. Work with the Principal in the hiring and dismissal of faculty and staff.
- Work in cooperation with the Director of Development to proclaim the mission of the school in the community.
- Foster positive relationships between the school and parents, constituents, churches, media, and other schools.
- Lead advancement efforts. Nurture current donors and cultivate new supporters by leveraging networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Principal, Director of Development, staff, faculty, board, and parents to protect and carry out the school’s mission. Ensure that decisions and vision about the future of the school arise out of strong adherence to the mission.
- Clearly communicate to faculty, staff, parents, and the community plans for the growth and development of Redeemer Classical School.
- Ensure that facilities are clean, safe, and attractive in order to support teaching and learning.
Please email your completed application package to the Redeemer Classical School Head of School Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following: (1) Resume, (2) Cover letter, and (3) Philosophy of Education. Please also have letters of recommendation available upon request. Notification of receipt of completed applications will be sent via email